Does your client want to include their horse in an upcoming session? It is time to get a game plan and arrive with confidence. Horses are beautiful, majestic creatures, but they’re not easy to photograph, especially if you’re unfamiliar with being around them.
As a leading equine photographer, Kirstie Marie Photography offers her tips on photographing horses for the photographer who has little-to-no prior experience working with horses. First and foremost, this course will teach you how to keep the session safe and limit your liability while working with a large and unpredictable animal. Learn the most flattering angles for a horse, how lens distortion affects the images, and where to place the horse’s head, neck, ears, and feet to create portraits your clients love.
This course is perfect for senior, family, fashion, wedding or portrait photographers whose client may want to include a horse in their session.
• 33 minutes of detailed instruction
• complete equipment & gear resource list & showcase
• safety practices & liability issues (live showcase with the horse)
• how to photograph horse & subject together
• live shooting & posing instruction
• culling a horse session: what to keep, what to delete, & what to edit
• lens distortion issues with lens choice during a horse session
BONUS: 36 posing cue cards to save on your phone’s camera roll with ideas for on-the-go inspiration.
A lifetime horse enthusiast, the Texas-based fine art equine photographer has experienced first-hand the immeasurable bond between a horse and a girl. She strives to capture that special relationship for each and every client.